Monday, April 18, 2011

The sound of one hand clapping


People clap hands for different reasons, sometimes hands are clapped for acknowledging an achievement by someone or even clap hands to display disbelief. The clapping of hands makes a massive sound when is done by a lot of people at once. Clapping of hands can make a rhythm , clapping of hands can be used as a musical instrument.
 I somehow remember my clapping of hands from when I was small. We used to do it during athletics day to either acknowledge the athletes as they dash off for the finish line. We clapped hands while we sang songs to mock the other teams while encouraging our team.
I have watched even my nephew clap his hands and the first surprise he got when he realised it made a sound. I could also remember how wide his smile got each time I clapped for him to encourage him to take his first step, then the next then the next.
 The sound of one hand clapping after doing something positive in a public space reassures ones confidence. Even babies can relate to the sound and know that they have done something right. I can already imagine the sound of hands clapping when my name is called out to be conferred my BTECH degree.
  
I'm reading: The sound of one hand clappingTweet this!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not feeling this one I think you were in a hurry. Sikhuluma ngomsindo wesandla esisodwa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen better from you, remember you have set high standards now. It's true what you're saying about hands clapping, but what about one hand clapping.

    ReplyDelete