Monday, September 19, 2011

Diabetes at the age of 3



It is sad to learn that children as young as 3 can be diabetic. I recently had my first encounter of a young girl who is full of life and has been diagnosed diabetic at such a tender age. I feel so sad that the child will never have a ‘normal’ life and is not allowed to indulge in chocolates, cakes, caramel, ice-cream etc. 
Then again, what is a ‘normal’ life? Is it a life of drinking booze, fizzy drinks and partying hard, over indulging in fatty food, cakes and deserts with a lot of sugar and eating a lot of junk as if you will never eat it again?
I don’t think there is such a thing as normal, living a healthy life and eating balanced meals is the way to go. At least this kid will learn to eat healthy and stay healthy from a very young age. 
I feel really sad for this little girl who does not even know what it means to be diabetic. It is however a lesson for each and everyone reading this blog, that we should ‘stop die lorry’ and review our lifestyles before our lifestyles catch up with us.

I'm reading: Diabetes at the age of 3Tweet this!

No comments:

Post a Comment