Monday, February 28, 2011

If I were the boss?

If I were the boss, even just for a day, I’d give my staff the freedom to speak their mind and be creative.  My employees wouldn’t be stressed by petty things and I wouldn’t make them feel like they’re in jail.
If I were the boss, even just for a week, I’d organise a social after work with food, drink and chit-chat.  We would all have fun together on a Phusa (happy hour) Friday, even if you don’t drink you’ll be high on life and motivated to see your colleagues on the following Monday.
If I were the boss, even just for a month, I’d decrease the pressure and be cool, I’d let them set their own rules as long as they work well, and then get paid well.
If I were the boss, even just for a year, I’d organise some outings twice or thrice a year to build the staff morale and get to know my staff better.
But I’m not the boss, so I can’t be a pain in one’s ass, except for my interns. I can’t make decisions that can change people’s lives in a major way, but with the little I do I try to make a difference.
Someday I’ll be a better boss; someday I will make a difference in the life of my subordinates. Till that day I will press on climbing the corporate ladder to be not only the boss, but a great leader.


I'm reading: If I were the boss?Tweet this!

3 comments:

  1. With your other pieces, you sound more passionate but I didn't feel the passion in this story. Your office almost seems like a fun place more than a workplace, I'm not sure if you'll make profits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good writer; however on this one you were in a hurry. You have created a higher expectation of your writing. Something is missing in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes your employees need to feel like they in jail to be productive...

    ReplyDelete